- 1 1. Klein Tools 50031 PVC Cutter
- 2 2. Rothenberger RoCut 42TC 52000 Plastic Pipe Shears:
- 3 3. Knoweasy PVC pipe cutter
- 4 4. Ridgid 23498 RC-1625
- 5 Using a Pipe Cutter or a Hacksaw?
- 6 Why use a Pipe- cutter?
- 7 How to Use a PVC pipe cutter:
- 8 1. Ezy Grind Inside Pipe Cutter with Diamond Blade 3 1/8 (80 mm)
- 9 Features:
- 10 2. Ridgid 23498 RC-1625:
- 11 Features:
- 12 3. Knoweasy PVC pipe cutter:
- 13 Features:
- 14 4.Rothenberger RoCut 42TC 52000 Plastic Pipe Shears:
- 15 Features:
- 16 5. Klein Tools 50031 PVC Cutter:
- 17 Feature:
- 18 Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
- 19 Q. What is the easiest way to cut a PVC Pipe?
- 20 Q. Can a hacksaw be used to cut the PVC pipe?
- 21 Q. What is the easiest way to cut hard plastic?
- 22 Final Verdict
A pipe cutter is a tool used by the plumbers to cut PVC pipes. It not only produces a clean-cut but also provides a much faster and hassle-free way of cutting PVC pipes. Using a cutter is a much convenient way rather than using any other method of cutting pipes, like using a hacksaw.
Using a Pipe Cutter or a Hacksaw?
Both can do the pipe cutting job, but a pipe cutter gives a better performance than a hacksaw. A pipe cutter ensures a cleaner cut that is not jagged, whereas while using a hacksaw even with a steady hand, the pipe will need to be modified once cut. Hence, Pipe cutters do the job better.
Why use a Pipe- cutter?
When appropriately used, a pipe cutter will surely give the most desirable result. A pipe cutter rotates around the pipe for an excellent grip and removes the desired portion correctly, providing the most optimum results.
How to Use a PVC pipe cutter:
Step 1– The first thing is to purchase the correct PVC Pipe accessories for that you should take the proper measurements of the pipe. Do not forget to take notes of the bends in the tube.
Step 2 – Measure and mark the area’s length to be extracted. Always use a visible color to mark on the PVC pipes to avoid any problem while cutting.
Step 3 – Carefully attach the PVC pipe cutter such that the blade Is on the outside of your mark, Now slowly apply consistent but balanced pressure on the edge, and voila the pipe snaps off.
Now, here’s the list of some of the most economical and efficient PVC pipe cutters which will give you value for your money:
1. Ezy Grind Inside Pipe Cutter with Diamond Blade 3 1/8 (80 mm)
- Easy to use.
- Quick-release mount.
- No replacement wheels with the set.
This cutter proves excellence with its diamond blades and hence is the most favorite tool of a plumber. It is excellent for cutting insides of large pipes; one does not need to worry about the thickness of the pipe if using an Ezy Grind Inside Pipe Cutter, it is an ideal cutter which can be used for a long time without worrying about any replacements to be made or wear and tear from excessive use.
- Comes in two variations: 80mm diamond blade and 36mm diamond blade, depending upon the size of the pipe you can choose the appropriate blade size to buy
- It cuts quickly and very neatly through the PVC pipes.
- You have control over the blade and a quick release amount, which makes the work easier.
- The replacement parts, if needed at all, are readily available.
2. Ridgid 23498 RC-1625:
- Life time warranty.
- Sturdy with sharp blades.
- V-shaped blade offers a perfect cut.
- Gorgeous metallic color.
- Small handles.
- Replacement spring is an issue to get.
This manual cutter is an alternative to the grinder cutter and is ideal for small plumbing jobs. It works effortlessly for a PVC pipe, apart from PVC is also works for PEX, Rubber Hoses, PE, and multi-layer tubing. check out our top 5 cheapest lown mowers also.
- Its ratcheting mechanism integrates the blades for more comfortable usage.
- The Aluminium body ensures its longevity and durability.
- High-quality standards are followed in its designing and building hence gives it an edge over others in this category.
- Provides a firm grip and thus very easy to use.
3. Knoweasy PVC pipe cutter:
- No rough edges.
- Reasonable prices.
- Minimal efforts.
- Not lightweight.
It is an ideal of its economical price and flexibility, it comes along with a lot of features giving tough competition to a lot of cutters of higher price
- The body is built with stainless steel, ensuring longevity and durability.
- The blades are sturdy and undoubtedly will last for a very long time.
- It has a pawl facility, which saves 30% of the energy than used in a typical cutter.
- It is excellent for both professionals and for any Do-it-yourself (DIY) project.
- The Knoweasy PVC pipe cutter comes with an auto-lock feature that ensures safety during its use.
4.Rothenberger RoCut 42TC 52000 Plastic Pipe Shears:
- Easy one hand operation.
- Superior grip.
- V-edge blade ensures precise cutting.
- The release button is a weak point as it is made of plastic.
This is one of the best cutters of its kind and hence proves its wide availability with every contractor. The special V-edge blade provides superior grip, and also the overall model prevents the urge to twist on the last stroke, which is a common problem with other models.
- Is able to shred PVC, CPVC, PEX, PP, PB, and other such tubes.
- Less force is required while using the machine.
- It comes with a blade release button, which makes it easy to operate this one hand tool.
- The outer body is made up of stainless steel, ensuring durability.
5. Klein Tools 50031 PVC Cutter:
- High quality construction.
- Easy tool-less blade change.
- Easy to use.
- Little awkward handle.
It is a durable pipe cutter with an aluminum body that is ideal for cutting ½ – 1-1/4 inch PVC with minimal effort. It is a very high-quality tool made in the USA and Spain.
- A great go-to tool for people dealing with plastic pipes.
- Has a fast one-hand blade release technology
- It also includes a ratchet mechanism, so you don’t have to let go of the pipe while working.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s):
Today a large variety of PVC pipe cutters is available in various price ranges, but to get your hands on the best product, you should first list down your requirements, narrow down your choices on the basis of the specifications mentioned, and then Compare the products accordingly. Make sure you choose the best product for yourself.