- 1 VINCA DCLA-0605 Quality Electronic Digital Vernier Caliper
- 2 Neiko 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper
- 3 TACKLIFE Digital Vernier Caliper
- 4 iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper
- 5 Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper
- 6 Final Verdict
What defines the quality of your work primarily when your professional job deals with taking measurements daily? What is that one thing everyone strives to achieve while collecting numerical data? You guessed it right; it’s PRECISION. What ensures precision and accuracy is the best quality tool available for specific purposes.
For obtaining small interior, exterior measurements for circular and straight objects, a Caliper is used. It is a tool with wide applications ranging from usage in the household to educational purposes in schools and colleges to the steel industry, medical sector, scientific labs, aerospace sector, etc. Today, we have digital calipers which save us little mental effort to do the unit conversions and accurately give us the reading. Let us have a look at some of the best available digital calipers:
VINCA DCLA-0605 Quality Electronic Digital Vernier Caliper
- Higher quality, stainless steel digital caliper
- inch/metric/fraction conversion
- Measurement Range: 0-6 inches
- extra large display: 1/2″x1 1/2″ (13mm x 38mm)
- Accuracy: ±0.001″/0.03mm
- Resolution: 0.0005″/0.01mm, 1/128″
- Apart from external and internal measurements, can also take step and depth measurements
- Accuracy is high
- Sliding is smoother
- Easy data transfer to PC/ laptop
- Suitable for personal projects as well.
- Comes with a spare battery
- Regular cable doesn’t help transfer data; one must connect with VINCA DTCR-03 Cable for securing data in PC.
- The device has no indicator to check the battery status.
Neiko 01407A Electronic Digital Caliper
- Made of finely polished stainless steel frame with knurled thumb roller and locking screw
- Three modes measurement: inch, fractions, millimetre
- Measurement Range: 0 – 6” and 0 – 150mm
- Resolution: 0.0005” / 1/128” / 0.01mm
- Accuracy: 0.001” / 0.02mm
- Quick changes between three modes
- Smooth sliding and accurate positioning in use
- The extra-large LCD screen makes it easy and clear to read.
- Comes with extra replacement LR44 battery
- Rust resistant
- It is not pre-calibrated. You might face issues calibrating it.
- It doesn’t offer a setting to set denominator range.
TACKLIFE Digital Vernier Caliper
- Four measuring modes
- Three unit conversions- matric, standard and fraction
- Measurement range: 0-6” and 0-150 mm.
- Accuracy: ±0.02mm/0.001”
- Resolution: 0.01 mm/0.0005”
- One 3V battery
- equipped with an IP54 waterproof rubber battery holder
- Large LCD screen with an intelligent identification chip and capacitive grate transducer
- The scale ensures fast measurement and eliminates errors.
- Switches between two units: inch and millimetre in no time.
- It lets you set zero at any point of the scale, and you can start a new measurement.
- Battery utility time is longer, and the rubber battery holder provides resistance against water, oil and dust.
- Can be used for DIY and professional use.
- Only its price can be a negative point.
iGaging IP54 Electronic Digital Caliper
- Measurement range: 0-6 inches/ 150 mm
- Display: 23/8” x ⅞” digital LCD
- Accuracy: ±0.001”/ 0.03mm
- Resolution: 0.0005”/ 0.01 mm/ 1/128”
- Repeatability: 0.0005”
- inch/ fraction conversion
- It gives you easy read and the largest display available.
- It has IP54 resistance protection against dust splash water and oil.
- It is designed in such a way that makes it easy to use for even a newbie in the field.
- It is battery powered, and 2 CR2 batteries are included within the package.
- You might face an issue with auto shut off. It does shut off after no activity of about 3-4 minutes, but sometimes it takes longer and doesn’t shut off.
Mitutoyo 500-196-30 Advanced Onsite Sensor (AOS) Absolute Scale Digital Caliper
- Measuring range: 0 to 6 iches (0 to 150mm) with 0.0005″ (0.01mm) increments
- Advanced onsite sensor (AOS) electromagnetic inductive sensor
- Digital readout LCD shows inch or metric units.
- It measures inside, outside, depth, and step values with a smooth thumb roller.
- Large and clear LCD readout.
- Silver oxide battery powered.
- It keeps track of origin point. When you turn it on, large LCDs the actual slider position ready to start measurement.
- As it works on absolute encoder technology, no more repeated zero settings is necessary and over speed, errors are no more a concern.
- AOS helps to resist dirt, oil, and water.
- One of the best calipers for scientific and industrial use.
- Might not be able to resist coolant well.
Today, we can go online and compare and contrast every possible item we want to buy online. Especially when it comes to technology, we all have genuine concerns about a product’s functioning. Well, we can only come to know how well a product is designed to perform a particular task once we use it. We have listed the best available digital calipers for you. So choose the product that well-suits your needs and the budget.